Community news for York, Chester and Lancaster counties, Apr 10, 2016
April 9, 2016 - Picnic Time
▪ In tact of National Healthcare Decisions Day, Piedmont Medical Center will to horde a Five Wishes seminar 10 a.m.-2 p.m. on Saturdayin a Women’s Tower, 222 S. Herlong Ave., Rock Hill.
National Healthcare Decisions Day is celebrated annually and is directed during augmenting a series of Americans who have finished an allege gauge in that they name a chairman who will make medical decisions for them in a eventuality they are severely ill and can’t pronounce for themselves.
Piedmont Medical Center will be featuring Aging with Dignity’s Five Wishes, a renouned vital will program. Four one-hour sessions will supply participants with their really possess vital will, finish with notarization. The eventuality is giveaway and open to a public.
Registration is speedy as space is limited, though not required. To register, call 803-329-1234, name choice 2, or go to myPMC.com.
▪ Rock Hill Community Handbell unison to advantage Family Promise of York County will be 7 p.m. Saturday in a chapel during Westminster Presbyterian Church. Admission is a personal hygiene or paper product or concession to Family Promise.
▪ The Episcopal Church of Our Saviour will horde a plant trade and sale, 8 a.m.-noon Saturday during a dilemma of Oakland Avenue and White Street. Rain or shine. Bring additional plants from your garden and name from what others have contributed.
▪ The Woman’s Club of Rock Hill will horde a “Champagne Strawberries Brunch,” 11 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Apr 17 during a clubhouse, 607 Aiken Ave. Cost is $25, adults and $10 age 12 and younger. Menu includes strawberry salsa, baked ham, New Orleans grillades and grits, egg frittata, duck crepes, strawberry soup, and assorted desserts. The Strawberry Mini-Boutique, open from 10:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m., will underline strawberry jam, peppers jelly, and other hand-crafted present items. Weather permitting, singular outside seating will be available. For information or reservations contact: Betty Hedstrom during 803-415-7278 or leave a summary 803-328-8888. Mail check, in advance, to WCRH and note Champagne Strawberries Brunch; PO Box 3302; Rock Hill, S.C. 29732.
▪ Office of Victim Services is hosting a village satisfactory during 10 a.m. Thursday during Winthrop University, DiGiorgio Campus Center-Ballroom.The eventuality is designed to surprise crime victims and a open about accessible resources, as good as enlivening partnership among plant use providers. Those attending can accommodate and pronounce with several plant services providers in a area, including a Governor’s Office, State Office of Victim Assistance, PPP, internal passionate attack centers and internal law coercion Victim Service Providers. Victim use providers are invited to exhibit. For information, hit Debbie Curtis during 803-734-9274 or email@example.com.
▪ Ozzie’s 19th Birthday Bash will be 4-10 p.m. Saturday during VFW Post 2889 in Rock Hill benefiting animal rescue and assistance in York County by Ozzie to a Rescue. Tickets are $15. single; $25 double and $5 age 10 and younger. There will be lasagna or spaghetti cooking and celebration by Elvis imitator Matthew Spalding commencement during 7 p.m. Cash bar available. For information call 803-412-4478.
▪ Mended Hearts Chapter 289 of Rock Hill is sponsoring a golf contest on Apr 20 during a Spring Lake Country Club in York. Tee time is 1 p.m. during $50 per golfer in a Captain’s Choice format. Prizes operation from $50-$200. Send entries with checks to Gerald Kemp, 215 Oakwood Ave., York, S.C. 29745. Checks done payable to Mended Hearts are taxation deductible. Mended Hearts is a support organisation dedicated to moving wish in heart illness patients and their families.
▪ Relay for Life/York East will have a grill fundraiser, 4-10 p.m. Tuesday during Hickory Tavern on Celanese Road in Rock Hill. The grill will present 10 percent of a profits put in a bucket as we leave. Relay for Life/York East will be 2-10 p.m. May 14 during Dutchman Creek Middle School, Mount Gallant Road, Rock Hill.
▪ Project Safe Pet will horde a PawBrokers valuables party, 4-8 p.m. Thursday during Beef O’ Brady’s, 940 Market St., Fort Mill. The eventuality facilities designer, estate and antique jewelry, and retro pieces. Previously ragged valuables can be brought and donated to be sole during a after date. Proceeds go to Project Safe Pet, that provides low cost, no-cost pet sterilise and fix service. Cat and dog food donations also accepted.
▪ The 2016 Festival Golf Classic will be Apr 19 during Pinetuck Golf Club with lunch and 12:45 shotgun start. Entry price is $240 per organisation or $60 per actor and includes a mulligan, beverages and lunch. Post-tournament doorway prizes and awards. Proceeds to a Children’s Attention Home and licence school. For information, call Jerry Couch during 803-329-1734 or Lewis Murray during 803-0327-1141.
▪ The National Association of Active and Retired Federal Employees will accommodate 11:30 a.m. Tuesday during Jackson’s Cafeteria, 1735 Heckle Blvd. The business assembly starts during noon.
▪ The internal TPA of America Post K, a nonprofit village services organization, that sponsors childrens’ reserve programs, will accommodate during 6:30 pm Thursday during York Seafood. For information, call Phyllis during 803-328-1654.
▪ The York County Marine Corps League’s internal detachment, The Olde English Leathernecks, will accommodate during 7 p.m. Tuesday during a Veterans of Foreign Wars, 732 W. Main St., Rock Hill. The joining consists of Marine veterans, late Marines and associates. For information, call Don Hicks during 803-517- 7253.
▪ Fewell Park Recreation Center will off a following classes:
Advanced Watercolor, 10 a.m.-noon Tuesdays, Apr 26-May 31 led by Herb Dumaresq. Cost: $54.
Acrylic Painting Landscapes, 10 a.m.-noon Thursdays Apr 21-May 26 led by Brad Sabelli. Cost: $54.
Introduction to Sculpture, 10 a.m.-noon Fridays Apr 22-May 27 led by Brad Sabelli. Cost: $54.
Registration is taken during a core 8L30 a.m.-5 p.m. weekdays during 1204 Alexander Road or during cityofrockhill.com/PRT. Registration is required. For information, call 803-329-5645.
▪ The Cherokee Extension Office will have a Pond Management Workshop, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. on May 6 during 1100 W. Floyd Baker Blvd. Ste. C in Gaffney. Cost is $50, that includes march material, lunch, refreshments, and dual insecticide credits. Topics include: nautical weed marker and control, pool fertilization, fish health and biology, and particularly, pool stocking. There will be a seine proof during a circuitously pond. Dr. Cory Heaton, Agriculture and Natural Resources agent, will speak. RSVP to Amy Mallette during 864-489-3141 x114 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if we would like a integrate to register online.
Rock Hill Area Shag Club will have a pre-SOS celebration during 8 p.m. Saturday during Celebrations during Ramada Inn. Potato bar for dinner. Members, $3; guests, $5. Frank Price will deejay.
▪ The Ballroom Dance Club meets 7:30 p.m. Friday in a Oak Room, Fort Mill Golf Course, 101 Country Club Drive. Guests, $15 per couple, $7.50 for singles, and includes a giveaway dance lesson. No alcohol; light refreshments provided. Dressy casual. All ability levels are welcome. For information, call Bob during 803-329-5764, 9 a.m.-9 p.m.
▪ Lake Wylie Shag Club Spring Fling Party, 8 p.m. Saturday during a Fort Mill Moose Lodge, 1676 Harris Road with food and dancing. David Spainhour will deejay. Admission: $3, members; $5, guests.
▪ Showtime Theater Co. will horde a giveaway try-out workshop, 6:30-8:30 p.m. Friday for rising eighth-graders to adult during a Westminster Academy of a Arts, 1320 India Hook Road. Auditions for Disney’s “Beauty and a Beast” will be 10 a.m. Apr 23 during a academy. Performance will be Jul 15-17 during Johnson Hall during Winthrop University. For information, go to showtimetheatrecompany.com.
▪ Applications are accessible for a York County Farm Bureau grant module for students pursing rural or associated margin degrees. Applications are due Jun 27. For information, hit Sandra Robbins during 803-684-4235.
▪ The Rock Hill High category of 1959 will accommodate for lunch 1 p.m. Tuesday during a Golden Corral, 1031 N. Anderson Road. All classmates, spouses and friends are acquire and speedy to attend.
▪ Blackstock High School’s annual reunion will be Apr 23 in a school’s former gym on Schoolhouse Road. Registration and brotherhood will be 11 a.m. with a cruise during 1 p.m. All students and friends invited. For information, call Susan CAssels during 803-328-1121 or Edward Hunter Mills during 803-581-2744.
▪ Affirmation of York County is a faith-based support organisation for gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people, their families and friends. The organisation will accommodate 7 p.m. Apr 12 during Grace Presbyterian Church, 2955 S.C. 160, Fort Mill. For information, call Ellen during 803-417-0954, Melissa during 803-547-6042, or email email@example.com.
▪ A Parkinson’s support group will accommodate during 1:30 p.m. Apr 20 during Westminster Towers Community Room, 1330 India Hook Road, Rock Hill. Exercises profitable to Parkinson’s patients will be demonstrated with an open forum to give an event to lift ubiquitous and personal issues regarding to Parkinson’s. For information, call 803-328-5231.
▪ Sufficient Grace, a support organisation for women who are caregivers for aging desired one, will accommodate 6 p.m. Wednesday in room 321 during First Baptist Church, Hood Center Road, Rock Hill. For information, call Kathy during 803-448-1012.
▪ Alateen meets 8-9 p.m. Thursdays during Zoar Road Club, 14701 Thomas Road, Charlotte. Meetings are for dual age groups: 6-12 and 13 and older. For information, call 803-547-2124 or 704-904-7834.
▪ Al-Anon meets 8 p.m. Mondays during Serenity Club, 209 Grayson Road, Rock Hill; a noon Tuesdays upstairs during Oakland Avenue Presbyterian Church, 421 Oakland Ave., Rock Hill; 8 p.m. Mondays during Grace Presbyterian Church, 2955 S.C. 160, Fort Mill; and 8 p.m. Tuesdays in a residence beside First Baptist Church, 121 Monroe White St., Fort Mill.
Send Community News equipment to firstname.lastname@example.org or to 132 W. Main St., Rock Hill, SC 29730. Deadline for a Thursday mainstay is 5 p.m. Monday. Deadline for a Sunday mainstay is 5 p.m. Wednesday.