Detroit News Big Ten Power Rankings: Week 14
November 23, 2014 - Picnic Time
Big Ten rankings
1. Ohio State (10-1, 7-0): The Buckeyes were not pointy and had copiousness of difficulty handing a round over to Indiana. But in a finish they valid to be distant too gifted opposite a group that kick Missouri this year though has been awful in discussion play. All that’s left now for OSU is a sincerely anticlimactic diversion with Michigan. Last week: 1.
2. Michigan State (9-2, 6-1): The Spartans scored touchdowns on 5 uninterrupted first-half security and never looked behind in a subjection of Rutgers. They’ll have a shot during another double-digit win deteriorate subsequent week during Penn State as they continue to work toward a mark in a vital play game. Last week: 2.
3. Wisconsin (9-2, 6-1): The Badgers weren’t superb in their feat over Iowa though they got a pursuit finished on a legs of using behind Melvin Gordon once again. Now they get a possibility to face Minnesota for a mark in a discussion pretension diversion for a third time in 4 years. Last week: 3.
4. Minnesota (8-3, 5-2): The Gophers came divided with an extraordinary feat during Nebraska and now will have a possibility to strech a discussion championship diversion if it can kick Wisconsin. They’ll need using behind David Cobb, who left a Nebraska diversion with a bad hamstring. Last week: 6.
5. Iowa (7-4, 4-3): The Hawkeyes saw their prolonged shot possibility during winning a West multiplication dashed with their detriment opposite Wisconsin. Iowa played well, rolling adult some-more than 400 yards of sum offense and erasing a 16-point deficit, though a 311 flitting yards from Jake Rudock weren’t enough. Last week: 4.
6. Maryland (7-4, 4-3): The Terrapins became a latest group to take advantage of a falling boat during Michigan, rallying in a second half to hit off a Wolverines on a road. Maryland now faces associate first-year discussion member Rutgers in a finale. Last week: 9.
7. Nebraska (8-3, 4-3): The Huskers have mislaid dual true and have strictly been separated from a competition in a West. They’ll tighten a deteriorate opposite Iowa in a conflict of dual teams that fell distant brief of expectations this season. Last week: 5.
8. Penn State (6-5, 2-5): The downward turn for a Nittany Lions continued as they mislaid their fifth discussion diversion in a final six, a latest better entrance opposite squalid Illinois. The culmination will be no cruise as No. 10 Michigan State comes to Happy Valley. Last week: 7.
9. Rutgers (6-5, 2-4): The Scarlet Knights have now mislaid 4 of 5 and were awful in a biased detriment to Michigan State. They are play eligible, though defensively they are struggling and miss any genuine playmakers on offense. Last week: 8.
10. Northwestern (5-6, 3-4): The Wildcats have managed to come within a feat of being play authorised and did so by violence Purdue notwithstanding losing quarterback Trevor Siemian to an injury. A win subsequent week would give a Wildcats 3 true to tighten a season. Last week: 11.
11. Illinois (5-6, 2-5): The Illini have been awful many of a season, though a second extraordinary Big Ten victory, this time over Penn State, has led them to a margin of apropos play eligible. They’ll have to win on a highway subsequent week, though it’s during slightest a mark many didn’t consider they’d reach. Last week: 13.
12. Michigan (5-6, 3-4): The Wolverines have reached a indicate where they are merely personification out a string. A deteriorate could be rather salvaged with one some-more win, though deliberation that would have to come during No. 7 Ohio State, a contingency couldn’t be longer for this underachieving bunch. Last week: 10.
13. Purdue (3-8, 1-6): At one indicate this season, a Boilermakers were a .500 football team. Since then, they’ve mislaid 5 true and will need to kick Indiana on a highway in a culmination to try and benefit some form of movement streamer into subsequent season. Last week: 12.
14. Indiana (3-8, 0-7): The Hoosiers gave it a good bid opposite Ohio State, though it’s apparent a prominence to this deteriorate was their win over Missouri on Sept. 20. The doubt now is if manager Kevin Wilson survives to see a fifth season. Last week: 14.