Free Fun in Austin for week of Mar 21
March 21, 2016 - Picnic Time
AUSTIN (KXAN)- Just since Spring Break has come to an end, that doesn’t meant a fun has to stop. Here’s what a partners during Free Fun in Austin recommend.
- Breakfast with a Bunny – Wednesday, Mar 23, from 9:30-11 a.m. Bring a kiddos for crafts and snacks with a Easter Bunny. Snap some photos with Whole Foods’ wily rabbit. FREE! Whole Foods Market Rooftop Plaza, 525 N. Lamar Blvd, Austin.
- MotoAmerica Pre-Season Test – Wednesday, Mar 23 and Thursday, Mar 24 from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. MotoAmerica teams are contrast in credentials for a 2016 Red Bull Grand Prix of The Americas and a exam days will be FREE for fans to attend. The paddock and garage areas will be open to fans from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on both Wednesday and Thursday and will be filled with tip teams and riders from a series, including 2015 MotoAmerica Superbike Champion Cameron Beaubier. All guest can stop by a COTA garage for a possibility to win a Ultimate Race Weekend Giveaway, that can be redeemed during a Red Bull Grand Prix of The Americas eventuality in a MotoAmerica paddock. The propitious winners will be a guest of a Monster Energy Graves Yamaha group for a competition weekend. In further to a giveaway, competition fans during a exam will also have a eventuality to accommodate their favorite riders during designation and QA sessions in a COTA garage. MotoAmerica stars such as Beaubier, four-time array champion Josh Hayes, Yoshimura Suzuki’s Roger Hayden and Jake Lewis, and several others will be on palm for a QA sessions that will be hold on both days of a test. Circuit of The Americas, 9201 Circuit of a Americas Blvd, Austin.
- Free IMAX Screening: Watermelon Magic – Thursday, Mar 24 during 9:15 a.m. Please join a Bullock Museum for a FREE promotional screening of Watermelon Magic with esteem giveaways supposing by Whole Foods to a initial 50. No RSVP needed. Celebrate grant and inlet with Watermelon Magic, an IMAX® family favorite about a immature lady and her watermelon patch. This lighthearted, scarcely speechless film chronicles life on a family farm, introducing a concepts of gardening and healthy food to immature viewers. Bullock Texas State History Museum, 1800 N Congress Ave, Austin.
- Community Easter Egg Hunt – Thursday, March 24 during 4 p.m. Children of all ages are invited to hunt for a thousands of eggs dark around a Huston-Tillotson University campus during a Eleventh Annual Community Easter Egg Hunt. The Easter egg hunt facilities a $500 grant esteem egg, esteem eggs for propagandize reserve and present certificates, and eggs with candy and coins. Children will accumulate in a Mary E. Branch Gymnasium for a brief definition of Easter story time before fasten their age groups and commencement a hunt. The eventuality is FREE and open to a public. For some-more information, call 512-505-3073. Huston-Tillotson University campus, 900 Chicon Street, Austin.
- Movies in a Park: Shrek – Thursday, Mar 24 during 7:45 p.m. Movies in a Park is a array of FREE films brought to we by Austin Parks Foundation in partnership with Alamo Drafthouse. Residents and visitors move their sweeping or grass chairs (and mostly a cruise dinner!) for a fun and relaxing dusk underneath a pleasing Austin night sky. Dick Nichols Park, 8011 Beckett Rd, Austin.
KXAN.com provides commenting to concede for constructive contention on a stories we cover. In sequence to criticism here, we acknowledge we have examination and concluded to a Terms of Service. Users who violate these terms, including use of coarse denunciation or secular slurs, will be banned. Please be deferential of a opinions of others. If we see an inapt comment, greatfully dwindle it for a moderators to review.