P.O.R.T. Night Out
March 13, 2015 - Picnic Time
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich (WOOD) Friday, Mar 13 is a special day for P.O.R.T., a Pediatric Oncology Resource Team during Helen DeVos Children’s Hospital. A night out means some-more services for a tighten to 300 families they assistance any year. The 7th Annual P.O.R.T. Night Out Fundraiser located during Bridgewater Place (333 Bridge Street NW, Grand Rapids, MI). P.O.R.T. provides and promotes compassionate, personalized support to families with children diagnosed with cancer or a life-threatening blood disorder.
P.O.R.T. is 100% saved by grants and donations and operates with over 200 volunteers. Some of a many services supposing include:
- P.O.R.T. Family Care Bags: Canvas receptacle bags are filled with a accumulation of personal caring items, break and a remedy cooler. Given to families on diagnosis.
- Parent and family networking: Family support volunteers and primogenitor coach volunteers are accessible to comfort families as they start this severe journey.
- Respite volunteers: Specially lerned volunteers are accessible to lay with a child in a hospital, so relatives can attend to other final in their lives or only have time divided for themselves.
- Family assistance items: Cafeteria dish passes, prepaid phone and gas cards and an quadriplegic break cupboard are accessible to assistance yield financial service for families.
- Special events: Spa Night, Dad’s Night Out with a Kids, an annual picnic, holiday parties and hospital celebration days are a few examples of a family-friendly activities accessible via a year.
For some-more information greatfully view a eventuality brochure. For questions or to squeeze tickets over a phone, greatfully call a Helen DeVos Children’s Hospital Foundation during 616.391.2000.