three cruise food recipes
August 4, 2014 - Picnic Time
7 essential Waitrose Free Range Eggs
450g Waitrose Gourmet Pork Sausagemeat
6 sundried tomatoes, finely chopped
6 salad onions, thinly sliced
2 tbsp essential Waitrose Grated Parmigiano Reggiano
25g container flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
2 x 215g solidified Cooks’ Ingredients All Butter Puff Pastry Sheets, thawed
1 tbsp Dijon mustard Plain flour, for dusting
1. Preheat a oven to 200ºC, gas symbol 6. Cook 6 of a eggs in a vessel of
hot H2O for 6–8 minutes, depending on a distance of a egg. Cool and
2. Meanwhile, brew together a sausagemeat, sundried tomatoes, salad onions,
Parmigiano Reggiano and parsley until good blended.
3. Open out one block of a fritter and place on a baking sheet. Spread with
Dijon mustard afterwards well-spoken a third of a sausage reduction over a pastry,
withdrawal a 1cm limit around a edges. Place a peeled eggs, uniformly spaced,
on a sausagemeat afterwards cover with a remaining reduction to hang them.
4. Roll out a second block of fritter on a floured aspect to make it a
tiny larger. Beat a remaining egg and brush along a borders of the
pastry, afterwards lay a second block of fritter over a filling. Use a flare to
press a borders together resolutely to sign into a neat rectilinear pie,
pleat a edges if necessary.
5. Brush a cake with beaten egg and bake for 40 mins until golden and
baked through. Leave to cold for a few mins before slicing.
If we have time, chill a cake for adult to several hours before baking.
Rosemary and gruyere straws recipe
Plain flour, for powdering
500g Jus-Rol Puff Pastry
1 egg, beaten
20g container rosemary
75g Gruyère, grated
1. Preheat a oven to 220°C, gas symbol 7. On a easily floured work surface,
hurl out a smoke fritter into a rectangle 30x60cm.Brush a fritter with the
beaten egg, afterwards separate 50g of a grated cheese over half a pastry,
withdrawal a 1cm limit around a edge. Finely clout a leaves of half the
rosemary and separate over a cheese, afterwards deteriorate with black pepper. Fold
a other half of a fritter over to cover a cheese. Lightly hurl to seal.
2. Brush a aspect with a beaten egg and separate with a remaining grated
cheese. Cut a rectangle into 16x2cm-wide strips, afterwards turn a strips and
place on 2 baking sheets. Scatter over a remaining rosemary stalks and
bake in a oven for 10-12minutes until a straws are pompous and golden.
Transfer to a cooling shelve to cold somewhat before portion warm.
Spiced lamb pasties
These easily spiced pasties surfaced with savoury nigella seeds are perfect
Preparation time: 35 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Total time: 55 minutes
1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
1 carrot, cut into tiny bones
250g gaunt lamb
1 tbsp curry pulp
150ml lamb or duck batch
200g solidified essential Waitrose Garden Peas
250g container Waitrose Microwaveable Cooked Basmati Rice
320g Jus-Rol Light Puff Pastry Sheet
2 tbsp semi-skimmed divert
1 tbsp Bart Nigella seeds
1. Heat a oil in a vast vessel and prepare a onion and carrot for 4–5 minutes
until softened. Stir in a lamb, curry pulp and batch and cook for 15
mins until a glass evaporates.
2. Tip a lamb reduction into a vast play and stir in a solidified peas and cold
baked rice true from a pack.
3. Preheat a oven to 220ºC, gas symbol 7. Cut a fritter into buliding then
hurl out any block to make an 18cm square. Divide a stuffing between the
squares. Dampen a edges with divert afterwards lift a 4 corners adult so they
accommodate in a centre. Firmly press a edges together to seal. Repeat to make
4. Transfer a pasties to a large, non-stick baking block and brush with
milk. Sprinkle over a nigella seeds and bake for 20 mins until puffed
and golden brown.
If we cite a sweeter-flavoured pasty, leave out a curry paste
and stir 1 tbsp mango chutney in with a peas and rice.